Results-Driven Representation Focused On Your Best Interests
  1. Home
  2.  — 
  3. Family Law
  4.  — Property Division

Protecting Your Financial Future In Divorce

When a couple divorces, all properties (with a few exceptions such as gifts and inheritances) are subject to division. The manner in which your property division proceedings are handled will have a significant impact on your overall financial future. An experienced divorce lawyer can protect your right to the marital estate, helping you obtain your fair share of the property while not taking on more than your fair share of the debt.

At the Law Offices of David H. Trathen, I handle divorces and other family law matters for people in Columbia County and throughout surrounding Pennsylvania communities. With nearly 25 years of experience handling complex property division, I am prepared to protect your financial future in divorce.

Working For Fair Outcomes

According to Pennsylvania law, marital property is to be divided in a manner that is fair and equitable. This does not necessarily mean a 50-50 split. Property subject to division includes:

  • The family homes
  • Vehicles
  • Bank accounts
  • 401(k)s, pensions and other retirement accounts
  • Furniture, jewelry and personal possessions

I believe that two people working together can make better decisions than one judge. In seeking fair outcomes for my clients, I work with them closely to gain an understanding of what is most important to them. It’s expensive to fight over insignificant possessions just to prove a point. I employ a practical strategy focused on obtaining what really matters to my clients and doing so in an efficient manner.

Speak With An Experienced Divorce Lawyer Today

If you have concerns over property division in a Pennsylvania divorce, I am here to provide you with insight and advocacy based on nearly 25 years of legal practice. To schedule a confidential consultation with a divorce lawyer in Bloomberg, contact my law office online or call me at 570-784-2200 or call 877-772-5261 toll free.