Columbia County Drug Offense Attorney
There is no such thing as a minor drug offense in Pennsylvania. With background checks increasingly common for job applications and professional licenses, any drug conviction can have a devastating effect on your future.
As a criminal defense lawyer with nearly 25 years of experience handling drug charges in the Columbia County area, I will take great care to minimize the effect of a drug arrest on your life now and in the future. My law office is conveniently located on Main Street in downtown Bloomsburg, one block from the Columbia County courthouse and within walking distance of Bloomsburg University.
Protecting You From Short- And Long-Term Consequences
I defend people charged with all types of drug offenses, including:
- Possession of marijuana, cocaine, heroin, meth, Ecstasy or drug paraphernalia
- Possession of prescription drugs such as Vicodin and OxyContin without a prescription
- Drug distribution and trafficking
- Drug manufacturing
- Growing marijuana
The penalties in a drug case can depend on several factors, including the quantity of drugs in your possession, whether you have past arrests and whether you are accused of selling drugs. If you are accused of drug trafficking, penalties can be enhanced if you are arrested within a certain distance of a school or you had a weapon in your possession.
Even if you think you are guilty of drug charges, there is always something an experienced attorney can do to minimize the potential consequences. For example:
- Any drug evidence that was not validly obtained by police may be suppressed.
- If this is your first drug arrest, you may qualify for a diversion program that can result in the charges being dismissed after you successfully complete the program.
Drug Possession Defense Lawyer Serving Union County
For detailed guidance that is tailored directly to your unique situation, contact me, Columbia County drug offense lawyer David H. Trathen, online or call 570-284-3088 or toll free 877-772-5261 to discuss your specific legal concerns today. I serve clients in Columbia, Montour, Northumberland, Snyder and Union counties in Pennsylvania.