Results-Driven Representation Focused On Your Best Interests
  1. Home
  2.  — 
  3. Criminal Law
  4.  — Underage Drinking

Columbia County Underage Drinking Defense Lawyer

If your child has been arrested for underage drinking, you may be tempted to let him or her face the consequences. Unfortunately, the penalties for alcohol-related offenses can be more serious today than they were in the past.

As a criminal defense lawyer with nearly 25 years of experience handling offenses involving juveniles and young adults in the Columbia County area, I understand how to keep a one-time mistake from having a negative effect on your child’s life. My law office is conveniently located on Main Street in downtown Bloomsburg, one block from the Columbia County courthouse and within walking distance of Bloomsburg University.

Protecting Your Child’s Future

I defend minors charged with all types of underage drinking offenses, including:

  • Possession of alcohol by a minor
  • Attempt by a minor to purchase alcohol
  • Use of a fake ID to purchase alcohol
  • Underage DUI
  • Disorderly conduct

Minor criminal charges involving minors can often be resolved with probation. However, probation is not a good deal if it requires your child to plead guilty. Any time you plead guilty to a criminal offense, you will be left with a permanent criminal record that will be visible to future employers, graduate schools, professional licensing organizations and others who wish to conduct a criminal background check. My goal in any case is to negotiate a resolution that will keep your child’s record as clear as possible.

If your child is a college student, I can also represent him or her in any school disciplinary proceedings related to the arrest.

Minor Alcohol Offense Attorney Serving Montour County

For detailed guidance that is tailored directly to your unique situation, contact me, Columbia County underage drinking defense attorney David H. Trathen, online or call 570-284-3088 or toll free 877-772-5261 to discuss your specific legal concerns today. I serve clients in Columbia, Montour, Northumberland, Snyder and Union counties in Pennsylvania.